When it comes to vlogging equipment, many vloggers focus their attention on finding the best camera, not realizing that sound plays a vital role in the quality of one’s vlogs. Having a crisp and clear sound in your vlogs increases the chance that your viewers will have a good experience watching (and listening to) your videos.
While having an excellent camera is important, you also need a good vlogging microphone to create high-quality videos.
A good vlogging microphone helps you reduce unwanted background and wind noise and increases the audio quality of your vlogs.
Quick Summary of Best Vlogging Microphones
The Rode VideoMic Pro R is a top-notch selection when it comes to shotgun microphones. With its high pass filter that reduces unwanted background noise, it delivers crisp and clear sound. It has a long battery life, making it ideal for anyone who’s unable to get a hold of a charger throughout the day.
Another shotgun microphone, the Rode VideoMic, is a great option because of how easy it is to use and navigate. Not to mention, it’s powered by your own camera, so you don’t have to worry about carrying any additional charges around with you.
If you vlog regularly, then you should consider purchasing the PowerDeWise Lavalier. It’s easy to use and it doesn’t require any additional charging, which is always a plus. It is versatile so you can use it for many different purposes.
Another amazing wireless microphone option, this mic transmits audio up to 100 m (328 ft), which is ideal for vlogging. It does come with batteries, so you will need to charge it on its own.
Perhaps the smallest mic on the list, the Wireless GO is one of the most popular choices when it comes to vlogging. With a frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz, its audio is clear and smooth. The battery life lasts up to seven hours.
Blue Yeti is a great option if you’re looking for a USB microphone. It contains three different capsules and you’re able to use it in four different modes, which is very helpful. Overall, it’s easy to use and set up.
The Blue Snowball has two different condenser capsules which deliver perfect sound. It’s quite easy to set up and use, so you won’t have to worry about that part. Not to mention, it’s rather affordable.
Although the Zoom H1 is battery powered, the quality of sound it produces more than makes up for the fact that you have to worry about charging it. It has a X/Y pattern that gives amazing stereo imaging. You can use a memory card along with it.
When it comes to vlogging microphones that are also good for recording music, this one takes the cake. It produces incredible, high-quality sound, and it comes with all the accessories you will need. It’s compatible with most recording apps and it’s USB bus-powered.
The Shure SM7B offers a wide range of frequency response, so it will provide great results if you decide to use it for singing. The pop filter will protect against any background noise that you don’t want to capture, and the wide frequency range from 50 to 20,000 Hz will shield from any unwanted hum that can disrupt the quality of your music. Despite it being more expensive than some of the other options on this list, it’s a worthwhile investment.
If you’re a gamer who wants to purchase the perfect gaming mic, then the Razer Seiren Elite is definitely worth looking into. With its built-in filter that protects against background noise and its frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz, you can definitely expect to get high-quality audio for an affordable price.
The Samson G-Track is easy to use and set up. It comes with a dual 25mm capsule so you can choose between three patterns. Some people claim that it doesn’t have as much depth, so take this information into account if you consider buying it.
With an appealing design and easy navigation, the Audio-Technica AT2020 is the perfect beginner-friendly mic. It’s compatible with both PC and Mac computers, and it comes with its own tripod which is quite helpful if you’re just starting out with gaming and YouTube. It produces clear and high-quality sound.
You might be wondering – won’t the built-in microphone in my camera suffice?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. And here is why.
Built-in microphones are terrible at filtering out unwanted noise. They don’t filter out wind noise or other unwanted background noise from traffic, crowds, and other sounds you don’t want in your video. This could be very distracting for your viewers and detrimental to your overall rating as a channel.
Even really expensive cameras don’t come close to the sound quality of a $100 external microphone. Investing in a good vlogging microphone will drastically increase the quality of your videos.
Check out the youtube video below for an example of a built-in microphone vs. an external microphone.
Notice how all the wind noise gets filtered out with an external microphone and the overall sound quality is incomparably better?
So, what are the best vlogging microphones for YouTube that are currently on the market? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
- Quick Summary of Best Vlogging Microphones
- Types of Microphones
- Best Shotgun Vlog Microphones
- Lavalier Vlogging Microphones
- Best USB Microphones
- Best Portable Dedicated Recorders for Vlogging
- Best Microphone for Singing Videos on YouTube
- Best Microphone for Gaming Videos on YouTube
- Best Microphone for ASMR YouTube Videos
- What Microphone Do YouTubers Use?
- How to Choose the Right mic for Vlogging
- Comparison Table
Types of Microphones
Now that you know how important a good vlogging microphone is, let’s pick the best microphones for YouTube vlogs. There are a few types of microphones you can choose from.
The perfect vlogging microphone for you depends on the camera you own and the type of videos you produce.
Shotgun microphones are the most commonly used microphones by vloggers.
These microphones can easily be mounted on any camera with a hot shoe and a microphone jack (almost any DSLR or mirrorless camera) and provide great sound quality while filtering out unwanted background noise from your vlogs.
They are very easy to use and don’t require difficult setups. Just grab your camera and start recording without worrying about audio.
You’ve probably come across this type of microphone in your favourite TV programme. Lavalier microphones are tiny microphones that you can clip to your clothing. These microphones are great at capturing speech while allowing you to move around or face away from the camera.
These microphones are perfect for vlogging but can also be used in instructional videos, commentary, or other videos where speech is important.
Lapel/lavalier microphones can be plugged in your phone, tablet, or a dedicated recording device like a DSLR camera.
USB Recording Microphones
If you record your vlogs near your computer, USB microphones are a great option. They are extremely easy to set up and use, and they provide great sound quality.
Whether you make tutorials, music videos, interviews, or commentary, USB microphones are super versatile and popular among many YouTubers.
Dedicated Recording Devices
Portable recorders are a great option if you want more flexibility when you’re recording audio.
These devices record high-quality audio and have more advanced features such as audio playback, more file quality options, and file compression capabilities.
Often used in broadcasting but also perfect for vlogging, especially in combination with a lavalier microphone.
Best Shotgun Vlog Microphones
Our shotgun microphone recommendations won’t come as a surprise as they are already incredibly popular among vloggers.
- ENSURE YOU BUY GENIUNE RØDE PRODUCTS. Products from sellers which say ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ under the price are NOT authorized resellers, and may…
- A true shotgun microphone designed for camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as primary and reference audio
- The 1/2″ condenser capsule provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm connector with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db
- The Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system provides isolation from external factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations
One of the best shotgun microphones for vlogging is the Rode VideoMic Pro R.
The Rode VideoMic Pro R has a lightweight and compact design, with an integrated foam windscreen and shock mounting.
The VideoMic Pro R has an all-new condenser capsule that records broadcast-quality audio via a regular 3.5mm microphone jack.
The microphone uses a super-cardioid pattern which minimizes unwanted background noise from the side and rear and focuses on the subject in front of the camera.
It also has a high pass filter to decrease low-end background noise from traffic or air conditioners and level attenuation controls for very quiet or loud sound sources.
The integrated shock mounting and foam windscreen minimize unwanted noise from shocks, vibrations, or wind noise. The microphone also comes with a 10 year extended warranty.
The VideoMic Pro is powered by a single 9V battery that can record up to 70 hours. Since the battery is long-lasting, you won’t need a spare battery, but make sure to carry your charger with you just in case.
Amazing sound quality
Great at filtering background noise
10-year extended warranty
The VideoMic Pro R is an amazing choice, both from a design standpoint and functionality. One of its drawbacks is the fact that it’s battery-powered, but if you don’t mind charging it separately, then it’s definitely worth looking into.
- Delivers clear, crisp, directional audio with incredible ease of use
- Rode designed the videomic go with a tight pickup area that focuses directly in front of the mic
- Reduces other surrounding sounds, ensuring that your subject is isolated from background noise
- The integrated rycote lyre shock mount isolates the video mic go from bumps and vibrations
The Rode VideoMic has an attractive design, with windshield protection and ABS construction.
The integrated shock mount isolates your microphone from vibrations and bumps that may interfere with your sound recording. The shock mount is constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic which does not wear out, unlike traditional elastic solutions.
This microphone is specifically designed to be easy to use for less-experienced users. It’s powered by your camera so it requires no batteries and it also doesn’t have any complicated settings or switches.
Just plug in your microphone and start vlogging without having to worry about batteries or audio settings!
Requires no battery
Incredibly easy to use
Great value for the money
No customization options for power users
The Rode VideoMic Go is a great alternative shotgun microphone if you are a newbie vlogger on a budget.
Lavalier Vlogging Microphones
We chose to include one wired lavalier microphone and one wireless. A good wireless lavalier microphone is more expensive than a wired mic but allows for much greater freedom of movement.
- Lavalier microphone, designed by PowerDeWise, will take your sound recording quality to the next level
- Due to a well-established technology process the microphone has quality, reliability and protection from extraneous noise
- PLUG&PLAY no drivers needed. FOR IPHONE 7, 8, X, 11 use 3.5mm-lightning adapter from your iPhone box
- COMPATIBLE: iPhone X, 8, 8 plus, 7, 7 plus, 6, 6s, 5, 5s, iOs and Android smartphone
Another great microphone for vlogging, the PowerDeWise Lavalier, has a 3.5mm microphone jack so you can easily plug it into your camera, laptop, phone (Android and iOS), or audio recorder and start recording. The microphone has a 59″ (1.5m) cord and also comes with a 78″ (2m) extension cord to provide you with more freedom of movement.
If you connect this to a dedicated sound recorder or a phone instead of your camera, you can get many of the advantages of a wireless lavalier microphone.
Just keep the sound recorder in your pocket and don’t worry about the camera’s distance!
The microphone doesn’t need any batteries but instead runs off the power of the device.
Easy to use
Limited by the length of the wire
All in all, this is a great option for those who want a high-quality mic that gets the job done and can easily be attached to a piece of clothing.
- 【Working Distance Up to 100M】 The CVM-WM100 wireless microphone can realize 100 meters smooth dynamic recording without any staccato in open area,…
- 【Lattice LCD Display, High Resolution】CVM-WM100 wireless microphone adopt LCD screen for the manufacturing,all the font and icon on the screen are…
- 【Real-time Audio Monitoring at Receiver End】 With the real-time monitoring function, you can test whether it is working normally during recording….
- 【RF Signal Strength Adjusted in Transmitter End】 According to different recording requirements, WM100 has different RF signal strengths. When…
The Comica WM100 is a compact and small mic you can place on any piece of clothing.
This is one of the best lavalier microphones for vlogging.
This wireless microphone is capable of transmitting your audio over a distance of up to 330 ft (100 m) which should be enough for almost any vlog.
The transmitter has an LCD screen for real-time audio status monitoring, adjusting volume, signal strength, or to switch channels.
You can also perform a local audio test so you can prevent situations where your microphone was off after recording a video.
The transmitter and receiver use 2x AA batteries (not included), so add some rechargeable ones to your basket when ordering!
Capable of long-range audio recording
Easy to test the audio before recording
The Comica WM100 is an all-round amazing option if you don’t mind charging batteries on your mic.
- Combo clip-on microphone or beltpack transmitter for lavalier/headset mic/ built-in omnidirectional condenser mic for broadcast-quality sound
- Audio delivers crystal clear audio under any conditions/ up to 70M range but optimized for shorter-range operation
- Power TX and RX have built-in USB-C rechargeable batteries/ up to 7 hours on a full charge including a battery Saver mode
- Portable super-lightweight and ultra-compact
If you want a small, compact, wireless microphone that you can carry with you everywhere you go, then you should definitely look into Wireless GO.
Also known as “the world’s smallest and most versatile compact wireless system”, the Wireless GO is conveniently built and easy to use. With every purchase, you get a pouch that you can use for transport and two USB-C cables. It comes in various colours and it’s quite easy to conceal on clothing. It’s lightweight and you can take it (and use it) anywhere you go without anyone noticing. You won’t have to worry about dealing with any long cables.
This mic consists of two separate components: a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter holds the mic in place, but you can also use the clip to attach it to your clothing. The receiver connects to the camera through a cable.
The Wireless Go contains an omnidirectional condenser capsule, a 2.4GHz frequency band, and a frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz. Although it can pick up some ambient sound in the background, it delivers crisp and clear audio.
The battery life lasts up to seven hours with only one charge and you can even use external batteries if you run out of battery life.
It’s really easy to use and it takes no time to set up
It’s lightweight and easy to carry around with you
The sound quality is outstanding
Some people might prefer to have less background noise
The Rode Wireless GO is a great option if you want a wireless mic that’s lightweight and easy to carry around, but at the same time, one that delivers high-quality sound.
Best USB Microphones
Both the best overall and the best budget USB microphones are from Blue Microphones. They provide great sound quality and are known for how easy they are to use.
- Tri-capsule array – 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo.
- Gain control, mute button, and zero-latency headphone output.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls. Signal to Noise: 100dB
If you’re looking for the best USB microphone for recording your videos, the Blue Yeti is a great option that’s used by many YouTubers.
The microphone has a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack which allows you to monitor your recording in real-time. The microphone also has control dials so you can easily make adjustments on the fly or mute it completely.
The Blue Yeti has 3 different condenser capsules for optimal sound recording in many different situations. You can use the microphone in 4 different modes:
- Stereo mode: The stereo mode uses both left and right channels and is ideal for capturing a realistic general sound image.
- Cardioid mode: Ideal for situations where the sound source is directly in front of the microphone like vocals, instruments, commentaries, voice-overs or game streaming.
- Omnidirectional mode: Picks up sounds from any direction.
- Bidirectional mode: Records the front and back of the microphone, very useful for interviews.
All of this is incredibly easy to set-up: simply plug in the microphone to the USB port, calibrate it with your operating system, and you’re ready to record!
Multiple recording modes
Easy to set up
None that we could find
All in all, the Blue Yeti should be a no-brainer if you’re on the lookout for a quality mic that gets the job done and is easy to use.
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube. Frequency Response: 40 –18 kHz
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install
The Snowball is one of the best microphones for YouTube if you’re on a budget.
As you can see from the picture above, the mic is quite small in size, but appealing and compact. It comes with its own tripod and USB cable.
It’s a great alternative to the more expensive Yeti listed above. It’s the perfect option if you’re just starting out with vlogging and want an all-round high-quality mic. This entry-level USB microphone provides a lot of value for the money.
The microphone is incredibly easy to set up – just plug the USB cable into your computer and you’re ready to start recording. No need to install drivers or other software.
The Blue Snowball has 2 different condenser capsules to capture rich sound. You can use the microphone in 2 different modes:
- Cardioid mode: Ideal for situations where the sound source is directly in front of the microphone like vocals, instruments, commentaries, voice-overs or game streaming.
Omnidirectional mode: Picks up sounds from any direction.
Great value for the money
Easy to use
Fast and accurate autofocus
Sensitive to background noise
If you’re looking to upgrade from your computer's built-in microphone while on a limited budget, this microphone is perfect for you!
Best Portable Dedicated Recorders for Vlogging
Both portable recorders we picked are by Zoom. A high-quality brand that produces great audio recorders.
When you record your audio on a separate device, you’ll need to sync your audio and video in post-production.
A simple trick to help you synchronize both is to clap your hands or shut a book while recording. That gives you a reference point to line the audio and video up with each other.
- Four-channel recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz. Built-in stereo x/Y microphones, up to 140 dB SPL
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with locking connectors. Records directly to SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- 4-In/2-out USB Audio Interface. Monaural speaker: 400 mW 8 Ω
- Line/phone-line output load Impedance- 10 kω or more. Line rated output level: -10 dBu. Phone- 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load).Tempo:40.0 – 250.0 BPM
Our favourite portable audio recorder is currently the Zoom H4N Pro. It records incredible audio, has many features, and is easy to use.
The body is rubberized which makes it perfect to travel with and the bright screen helps you see what’s going on.
The H4N PRO is an improved version of the very popular Zoom H4N.
The two built-in stereo X/Y microphones have a very low noise floor but are able to handle up to 140 dB so they can record crystal clear audio in every situation.
It is capable of pristine stereo or four-channel recording (up to 24-bit/96 kHz) and records directly to SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB.
Can handle any volume level
Big and easy to read LCD screen
Rubberized and ergonomic body
32GB maximum storage capacity
We believe that the Zoom H4N Pro would be an amazing choice for a portable recorder. The only concern is that it comes with 32GB storage capacity.
- Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
- Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
- Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
The Zoom H1 is a great budget alternative combining powerful recording capabilities with ease of use.
The H1 features a newly designed user interface which puts all features such as track marker, auto record, low-cut filter, and level and volume controls at your fingertips instead of difficult setting menus.
The Zoom H1’s onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern for the best possible stereo imaging. The microphones are enclosed so you can put it in your pocket or throw it in your bag without worrying about damaging it.
The H1 is compatible with memory cards up to 32GB which should give you plenty of recording time depending on the bitrate and file format.
Easy to use
The Zoom H1 is a budget-friendly option that’s easy to navigate and set up.
Best Microphone for Singing Videos on YouTube
Apart from recommending vlogging microphones, we also selected some options for specific YouTube channels that we believe will be of help.
Some YouTube channels are dedicated solely to singing and music videos, and such YouTubers usually need to invest in a special microphone that’s appropriate for singing. Although you could get away with using any regular microphone, USB microphones seem to be the go-to option for singers on YouTube.
The best part about USB microphones is that they’re pretty easy to find, not to mention way more affordable than wireless vocal microphones.
Here are our top picks for the best USB microphones for singing.
- ENSURE YOU BUY GENUINE RODE: Products from sellers which say ‘fulfilled by Amazon’ under the price are NOT authorized resellers, and may not be…
- Buy only from Amazon.com (labelled ‘shipped and sold by Amazon.com’)
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Pop shield, Tripod desk stand, ring mount, storage pouch and 6m (20’) USB cable included
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring
If you’re looking for the perfect singing mic, then this is it! This microphone features a zero-latency 3.5 mm headphone jack and a pro filter located on the base of the mic. It comes with a tripod desk stand, a ring mount, a storage pouch, and 6 m long USB cable.
It has USB connectivity and it’s USB bus-powered. This mic is compatible with both Windows and Mac users. Apart from singing, you can also use it for recording regular videos or podcasts.
Compatible with most recording apps
Great design and sound quality
Comes with accessories
The tripod can be unsteady at times
You can never go wrong with purchasing Rode NT if you’re planning on making YouTube videos. The only problem would be that the tripod can get quite unsteady.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal “air suspension” shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
The Shure SM7B has an appealing design and it comes with a high-quality pop filter that protects against any unwanted sounds.
This mic delivers clean sounds and fantastic voice quality. It has a wide range of frequency response, so it’s a great option for both singing and recording other kinds of videos. This means that you won’t have to go out of your way to get a pop filter, so it’s a big plus.
This mic offers a range of frequency from 50 to 20,000 Hz and it shields from electromagnetic hum which can be detrimental for recording music.
High-quality pop filter
Protects from electromagnetic hum
It’s a bit pricey
Even though it’s slightly more expensive than the other mics that are referenced, you’ll certainly get your money’s worth – it’s one of the best-rated mics for a reason.
Best Microphone for Gaming Videos on YouTube
Whether you’re filming multiplayer games or you’re by yourself while offering gaming commentaries, it’s crucial for any gaming YouTuber to have a good quality microphone. There are plenty of affordable options out there that won’t cost you a fortune but do deliver results. One of those options is the Razer Seiren Elite USB Microphone.
- Professional Grade Single dynamic capsule ensures minimal electronic interference for a richer, warmer and true to life broadcasting experience
- Built in High Pass Filter Cuts out unwanted low frequency vibrations (footsteps or the rumbles of an air conditioner) to provide only the cleanest…
- Digital/Analog Vocal Limiter
- 16 bit/48kHZ Resolution
- Zero Latency Monitoring
It comes with its own desk stand and microphone windscreen, and a long USB cable. It’s easy to set up and compatible with both Windows and Mac.
This mic is specially targeted towards gamers, which makes it a top pick for any gaming YouTuber. It has an elegant and timeless look to it, but it’s not just the aesthetics that made us put it on this list. The Razer Seiren has a built-in filter that mutes any unnecessary background voices and vibrations that might hinder the audio quality of your gaming video. This is especially useful if you’re living with other people who happen to make noise while you’re filming.
This microphone for YouTube comes with a bitrate of 16 bit and a frequency range of 50HZ to 20kHz.
Amazing quality sound
Functioning filter that cancels out unwanted noise
None that we could find
This mic option is both affordable and delivers crisp and clear sound, so it’s definitely worth looking into.
- All-in-one: Professional USB microphone with audio interface. Record your voice and instrument at the same time.
- The right mic: Ideal for streaming, gaming, podcasting, and recording music
- At your fingers: Front panel mixer with microphone level, instrument level and headphone volume controls. Selectable Mono or 2-Track recording modes…
- Built for the studio: Dual 1″ (25 millimeter) condenser capsules with three selectable pick up patterns – Cardioid (unidirectional), bidirectional and…
- High Definition Audio: 24-bit, 96kHz resolution. Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
Another good microphone for YouTube is the Samson G-Track Pro Professional.
Even though you can use the Samson G-Track for multiple purposes, it’s definitely a go-to choice for gamers. It contains a dual 25 mm condenser capsule and three patterns to choose from depending on what kind of sound you are opting for at that particular moment: unidirectional, bidirectional, and omnidirectional.
No installation is required, so it’s quite simple to use. The sound quality of this mic is outstanding – it has 24-bit and 19Hz resolution and a ¼” audio input. The end result is a clear and crisp sound that any viewer will appreciate.
Easy to use
Can be used for multiple purposes
Three sound patterns to choose from
24-bit and 19Hz resolution
Doesn’t have as much depth as some of the other picks on this list
Whether you’re just starting out with gaming or you’ve been uploading gaming videos on a regular basis, the Samson G-Track is definitely a worthwhile pick.
Best Microphone for ASMR YouTube Videos
As you may know, ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) videos have taken over YouTube in the past couple of years.
If there’s one thing a good ASMR channel needs, then it’s definitely a proper mic. Here are the best microphones for YouTube ASMR videos that can help you get all the tingling sensations.
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High quality A/D converter with 16 bit, 44.1/48 kilohertz sampling rate for superb audio
- Headphone jack with volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
- Mix control allows you to blend your microphone signal and prerecorded audio
- High output internal headphone amplifier delivers superior clarity and musical detail as well as more volume overall
The Audio Technica AT2020 is one of the most beginner-friendly mics on this list. It’s quite easy to use and it has a very appealing design. The mic also comes with a tripod, although some customers have complained that it’s subpar.
It has a smooth frequency response of 20Hz and it produces perfectly crisp and clear sound, which is exactly what is needed for ASMR.
This mic is compatible with both PC and MAC computers. You can easily monitor your microphone signal with the built-in headphone jack with volume control.
Easy to use
There isn’t a pop shield included
All in all, this is a great, cheap microphone for YouTube ASMR videos. With its nice design and clear sound, it’s definitely going to get the job done.
Other good microphones for YouTube ASMR that we’ve already gone through include:
- Rode NT microphone
- Blue Yeti Microphone
What Microphone Do YouTubers Use?
If you’re immersed in the world of YouTube videos, then you must have wondered what kind of microphone your favourite YouTubers use.
According to Soundrecord.com, the most used microphones among YouTuber creators include:
If you’d like to find out what cameras popular YouTubers use, check out our article on the topic. Alternatively, if you want an in-depth guide for the equipment some of the most popular YouTubers use, feel free to check out our guides on Zoella, Pewdiepie, and Casey Neistat, respectively.
How to Choose the Right mic for Vlogging
Finally, we have decided to include a couple of practical things to consider before you make your final purchase in the hopes of helping you make a better decision.
Think About What You Want to Film
As you saw in this article, we created a couple of different categories for the best microphones for YouTube. So, the first thing you need to consider before you make any kind of purchase is what you want to use the mic for. If you have a clear goal in mind, it’s going to make the process a lot easier. You’ll be able to find a specific mic that’s catered to your needs.
That being said, if you’re still unsure about the type of videos you want to make, then you can always buy a well-rounded mic that you can use for multiple purposes. If you do decide to make specific types of videos and need a new microphone, you can always sell your mic down the road.
Is There Any Specific Feature You’re After in Your Vlogging Microphone?
The second thing you want to consider is whether or not you’re after a specific feature.
If you’re dead set on getting a vlogging microphone that blocks all background noises, there isn’t a reason why you shouldn’t be that specific when browsing the web for a vlogging mic. Purchasing a vlogging mic is an investment, after all, so feel free to be as specific as you want.
How Big Is Your Budget?
Finally, you need to see how much money you’re able to spend on a mic. If you don’t have enough money to buy a vlogging microphone yet, you can start saving up in order to buy the mic of your dreams. There’s no reason to settle for a low-quality mic.
|1.||Rode VideoMic Pro R||40Hz – 20kHz||70 hours||0.50”||$149.00|
|2.||Rode VideoMic Go||100Hz – 16kHz||100 hours||0.50”||$99.00|
|3.||Wired: PowerDeWise Lavalier Microphone||50 – 16,000Hz||45-50 hours||/||$35.35|
|4.||Wireless: Comica CVM-WM100||520MHz ~ 534.1MHz||6 hours||/||$159.00|
|5.||Rode Wireless GO Compact Wireless Microphone System||50Hz – 20kHz||7 hours||Condenser capsule||$278.6|
|6.||Blue Yeti||20 Hz – 20 kHz||/||tri-capsule||$129.99|
|7.||Blue Snowball||/||/||Condenser capsule||$59.99|
|8.||Zoom H4N Pro||up to 24-bit||6-10 hours||N||$199.99|
|9.||Zoom H1 Handy||96kHz / 48kHz / 44.1kHz||Up to 10 hours||/||$244.10|
|10.||Rode NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality USB|
Cardioid Condenser Microphone
|20Hz – 20kHz||/||0.50”||$179.00|
|11.||Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone||50Hz – 20kHz||/||/||$499.00|
|12.||Razer Seiren Elite USB Streaming Microphone||50Hz – 20kHz.||/||GradeSingledynamic||$199.99|
|13.||Samson G-Track Pro Professional USB Condenser|
Microphone with Audio Interface
|50 Hz – 20 kHz||/||Dual 1”||$167.75|
|14.||Audio-Technica AT2020 USB+ Cardioid Condenser|
|20Hz – 20kHz||/||Cardioid capsule||$169.00|
That concludes our guide! Hopefully, this guide helped you find the perfect vlogging microphone for your needs, as well as some specific mic recommendations for your gaming, ASMR, or music channel.